Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Inspiration

My Mother's hummingbird story:

For years my Mother would have a red Amaryllis at Christmas time and often it would bloom for a second time in the early spring. She always had the plant on a small table beside the balcony door where it would get the Southern sunlight.

One day while she was making lunch, she heard a tapping on her living room window. This was unusual because she lived on the fourth floor. When she stepped into the living room to take a look, she was amazed to see a little hummingbird tapping at the window trying to get at the big red blossoms on the plant.

A delightful story and always fun to retell it!

"Always be a little kinder than necessary."
~ James M. Barry

                                 
SOURCE: public domain
  
There's more.

A few days ago I received an email from one of my sisters with a link attached, which included the following:

A short video about "the guy who rescued a Baby Hummingbird . Amazing, inspiring and sweet!

I found that the song used was written by Jack Johnson released in February 2005 on his album "In Between Dreams."  View his live performance of "Better Together."

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment